... so use horse-drawn carriages instead of cars, idiots!
I HATE being told that science is for failures and that I should do engineering instead! What's worse, I don't just get it from high-earning adults. I get it from peers who aren't even academically strong who tell me, "you could have done so much better" when I say I'm studying science. What the &^%$ is that supposed to mean?! The last straw was my uncle who told me last night how it's a course for all the failures. Predictably, he's a souless, money-grabbing, calculative commerce graduate.
Perhaps you never thought about how the handphones you use, the cars you drive and the precious computers of yours are all based on scientific discoveries. TV? Synthetic fibres? Toothpaste? Antibiotics? Dream on. You'd be a caveman without scientists.
A possible reason is because engineers earn more. That brings up a valid point. Scientists work their butts off to fight for the few, difficult academic positions and earn peanuts. They don't even get to do their research in peace after that because they have to juggle administrative work and teaching duties. They make possible all the medicines that the doctors use and the physics that the engineers use. If you include mathematics under 'scientists', you accountants, economists, actuarists and commerce people are in debt too (pun very much intended!).
The next person who looks down their nose at my chosen degree will get insulted in everyway possible. Especially if you didn't get your A's and you tell me science is for failures, I'm going to stuff my results in your face. And if you did, well, I can insult you in so many other ways.
End Of Rant.
Sunday, January 6, 2008
Yeah science sucks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I've actually never come across someone who told me that! Okay, sure, I'm not exactly doing a science but I've never heard of that mentality.
How on earth can science be a failure omgosh...*is speechless*
If it helps with your comebacks, Natural Sciences in Cambridge is apparently harder to get into compared to Engineering XD
Choe Choe!!!
U do what ur heart desires k! and you show those who belittle your dreams how wrong they've been!
I for one know that you'll do GREAT in whatever you set out to achieve cause HECK, it's CHOE!! lol!
So don't u let those ppl bring u down k!
Loves you and will miss you tons! *hugs*
Post a Comment